Mini Turkey Meatballs:
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
10 min 20 min 30 min
* See Notes
Olive Oil, to Spray Mini Muffin Tin
1 lb Skinless turkey
1/2 cup pure pumpkin or sweet potato puree*
1 cup Fido friendly vegetables ( green beans, peas, carrots)
6 TBS broth
1/2 cup bread crumbs or oatmeal
There is no right way or wrong way to do this. Remember every dog is different, I have one dog who loves green beans my other does not. I have one dog who will take cucumbers out of my grocery bag if I leave it on the floor, the other one won't go near them.
Preheat Oven to 400
1. Place Turkey in food processor until big chunks are no longer visible or if you want chunks of meat only pulse it a few times.
2. Pour in Puree and Pulse a few more times
3. Either stir in vegetables to leave them chunky or if you want them processed add them to processor and pulse till smooth.
4. Stir in oatmeal and broth
5. Spoon into mini muffin tins
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Oven temps vary. My oven tends to run cold so yours may not need as long if yours runs hot.
Stores in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Freezes for up to 3 months in air tight container.
May use cubed cooked sweet potato for this. If using this try 3/4 cup of cubed sweet potato and go from there to reach 1/2 cup.